Friday, April 18, 2008

My Husband's Blond Tart

That's right, the hubby's got a tart on the side. Not that kind, silly. DESSERT! Culinary school has been treating us both very, very well. He's brought home quite an exquisite medley of sweets. All to my liking, of course. Out of all the desserts, the fruit tart, was by far the prettiest. The crust was blond* baked (baked before the addition of the pastry cream and fruit), hence the scandalous title.

Here are some shots of his masterpiece.


To learn more about my hubby's culinary adventures, visit "
The lunatic ravings of an insane Culinary Student."

*editor's note: My husband made a typo in his blog, using the word "blond" instead of "blind". Freudian slip? Who knows, I'll confront him about that later. In the meantime, I'm keeping the title as-is because, well, it's just funnier.

3 comments:

cookiebees said...

Blond Tarts are the best! They always make for a great display piece, and people are usually afraid to start eating it because it looks so pretty! :)Nice glaze, not overly done! ;) Jen, now you know how my parents felt for 8 months!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jensita!

It seems that life sure is "sweet" when you're the spouse of a chef! Nice pics, yummy:)

Hey, your husband mentioned Anthony Bourdain on his blog - "No Reservations" rocks! Bourdain rocks!

Did you guys catch the epi where he was in India that aired this past Monday? Unfortunately, I missed pretty much the whole thing - but I did see the tail end where he's sitting at a desk interviewing starlets for a role in this Bollywood movie he's supposed to be making. It was cool! Maybe you could use that as a jumping off point to drag, er, I mean take your husband along to see a Bollywood movie, no que si?:):)

Hey, is your mom watching "Al Diablo Con Los Guapos"? What does she think of the Morgan/Valeria storyline?

Is it possible to knit something that can be used with kitchen utensils, like a cover or something? Just a thought.

Thanks!
Ajay

Anonymous said...

PS---

My work colleague just got back from NYC with her daughter's choir. She had a great time, and she did make it to two knitting shops, one in Midtown and one in Chelsea! Your website recommendation was VERY helpful to her, and she found the shops via Mapquest maps. She bought some mohair and cashmere yarn.

She also saw "The Little Mermaid" (I think that's what she said, it's currently a play, I guess at the New Amsterdam maybe, since Disney owns that) and went to the Museum of Natural History. She always enjoys her trips to NY. She said the weather was nice.

Thanks!
Ajay