Monday, November 17, 2008

In Donegal and not a single skein of yarn to show for it

It's four months later and I'm happy to announce that I still have knitting on the brain. Haven't given up the craft just yet. Now that winter is shortly approaching, I feel that I now have a little more incentive. I'm in the middle of a project right now, but I can't talk about it nor can I post pictures as it's a gift for someone who will most likely run into it on my blog. All I can say is that it's half way done and I hope to reveal it to you by the end of December. It's nothing huge nor terribly complicated, but still very cool looking considering my beginner's status.

Just came back from Donegal, Ireland. Was there for about a week. It pains me to say that I was in the area and didn't pick up a skein or two of Donegal Tweed yarn...but that's okay. I have plenty of others in my current stash and frankly, just don't have the room for any more. The trip was lovely, rainy and windy. But evenings were filled with live music sessions from the local pub. Timothy had the opportunity to sneak in a couple of ol' Irish songs during the "open mic" portion. Fun was had by all.



On two separate occasions, we enjoyed a couple dozen oysters fresh from Donegal Bay. Yum. The Guinness, I heard was to die for, but I'm not one to jump in front of a moving bus for a pint, so I just took everyone's word for it.










2 comments:

cookiebees said...

You look so refreshed in that photo! Perhaps you should have included a big bubble above "I'm having fun, but I. Need. Skeins." :) Looking forward to more photos!

Anonymous said...

Jensita!

Looks like you had a wonderful trip to Ireland! Is that where Timothy's ancestors are from, Donegal?

The pics are so neat! If I had Photoshop, I would place Timothy in the pic with you (doing your wind-swept hair Bollywood pose) as if he were singing to you and then title it "You know you're in Ireland when... Kuch Kuch Hota Hai"!

Is that the Bay of Donegal in the pics?

Anyhow, glad to hear you've been getting so much traveling under your belt. If I ever travel to Ireland myself, I'll have to ask Timothy for travel advice!

Have fun with the knitting, and I'll look forward to seeing what your latest project is on a future blog entry!

I saw my first first-run Telugu movie at a 'plex in Chicago last weekend. It was a 4-plex, and they were showing two Hindi movies, the Telugu, and a Malayanam movie (the language in the state of Kerala). I also saw one of the Hindi ones. Both were splendid, but man, those Telugu movies are so way over the top! The Hindi one had subtitles, but not the Telugu one, but who cares, it was still so much fun to watch!

Anyhow, now I know where to go in Chicago to get a good dose of Indian movies!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Take care!
-Ajay