Friday, January 9, 2009

Michaels in the City

Such exciting news! Michaels craft store will be opening up across the street. No longer do I have to trek out to Queens for an exceptional variety of bargain-priced yarns. I was passing along the street with the hubby and noticed the signage by the construction site. It listed all the retail businesses coming soon. I pointed at the sign and said, "Oh, look. They're opening a Duane Reade, a Borders, a Chase Bank, a [insert quick inhale]."

My eyes widened. Timothy looked up, read the sign and said, "Uh-oh."

I grabbed onto his jacket sleeve and quickly jumped up and down. Not a comment, not a sound, just a spirited bounce that took over me for several seconds. I can't wait! I can't wait! I just hope they have their grand opening before my lease is up.

On another note, I still haven't finished my knitting project that I mentioned in my previous post. It's about 65% completed. It's going to be a very, very belated Christmas gift. I've actually taken the B train back and forth during my lunch break to get some extra knitting done. I'm so close, I can feel it. I promise to post it as soon as it's done.

No comments: