Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas Gift Finally Complete!

Yes, I know. It's mid-January and I finally finished the Christmas gift I was knitting, as mentioned in my Nov 17 entry. It was a present for Timothy. The good news is, it's a scarf and we're still in the dead of winter. So, it's not that late. Late would be giving it to him on Palm Sunday. So yes. He was very happy with the gift. Especially since he had to borrow my scarf for the past few weeks. It was a much needed gift. There's nothing worse than getting a knitted gift from someone that you absolutely can't use. A pastel-pink toilet paper doily in the shape of a French Poodle, for example. I try to keep my gifts practical, whenever possible.

The scarf has a great pattern that has an old Celtic feel. It was easy enough for me to get through, but intricate enough in detail to impress. There are a few minor mess-ups, but the pattern is so forgiving that you hardly notice them. And with my subpar record for fixing knitting mistakes (see previous entry), it was better that I just moved on.


The hubby loves it. And I'm very happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Jensita!

Hey, nice work! I showed your pics to my experienced knitter colleague and she was really impressed, especially with the "Celtic knotwork" down the middle!

I bet Timothy's getting a lot of compliments on it, and he's proudly telling everyone his wife made it for him!

Scarves rock!

Hey, did you see the Oscars last night? Wow, A.R. Rahman gets two Oscars, and who presents them to him? Alicia Keys!!! Wasn't that just perfect! I am sure it was Cosmic.

(I'll spare your readers one of my usual long winded raves with many exclamation points, this time about Freida Pinto:):)

Thanks!
Ajay!