Friday, April 2, 2010

Art Projects Revealed

So, guess who finally graced us with his presence 2 weeks after the new water kettle arrived? You got it, Mr. Swivel Base himself. Unbelievable. It was hiding in the cabinet behind some other stuff. Anyway, I must put this behind me.


Art project. Our first art project was due end of February. To recap, the quote was, "Cleopatra, catching but the least noise of this, dies instantly." February's birthstone: amathyst. Timothy and I both scrambled on the very last day and here's what we came up with.

Jen's project
(Photoshop)




Timothy's Project
(nickel and amathyst colored rhinestone)

On February 28 we submitted our projects and searched out the next written work for our March inspiration. This month it was my turn to pick the book. I chose The Bible. I picked the page and Timothy randomly pointed to a sentence. We landed on the Book of Job 42:11, "Then came there unto him all his brethren" March's birthstone: aquamarine.

As usual we were down to the wire. The night before, we stayed up late to finish our masterpieces. The result:



Jen's project
(acrylic paint)





Timothy's project
(mirror and aquamarine stone)



The April project is now in effect. The idea of couple's month was thrown in there, so we might work on a project together. We'll see. April's source of inspiration comes from Edgar Allan Poe's, "The Oval Portrait" The quote is, "...the spirit of the lady again flickered up as the flame within the socket of the lamp". Birthstone: Diamond/Crystal.

Can't wait to see what we come up with. Can you?



1 comment:

Ajay said...

Jen! These are such neat projects! I didn't know you and Timothy were such artists!

The abstract one you did for Job with acrylics really has nice design and color balance. I couldn't make out the words upside down - was that the Bible passage? How did you get the letters in there?

The cracks radiating from the stone in Timothy's seem like the pathways of Job's bretheren converging on Job.

Who's the model for your Cleopatra Photoshop one? Timothy's dagger looks pretty impressive!

I'm looking forward to April - the theme is neat!

I'm thinking of taking the challenge too, if you don't object.

But now I'm worried. I never knew you were so into art (other than knowing you visited the Louvre in paris). Some of my works I sent you by e-mail you liked, others received no comment. At first I assumed you were too busy to write. But now I'm thinking you thought they were so bad you didn't want to hurt my feelings with a scathing dismissal.

Oh, re: Swivel Base. Don't worry, I never say "See? I told you so."

Ajay!