Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Two of a Kind - Not Exactly

I started and finished the second bootie on Sunday. I wasn't as excited as when I finished the first, mainly because it ended up being slightly larger.

With the first bootie, I think I weaved the ends together a couple of stitches in, while with the second, I weaved the ends right at the very edge of the seams. This could have very well changed the size of the bootie. At first I thought that maybe my knitting was looser with the second one, but I'm leaning more toward the first reason.

Oh well, still not a bad first try. They still came out pretty cute. My next attempt at booties will be camouflage with a black sole and maybe some army themed metallic buttons, maybe with an eagle or something similar. How neat would that be?

I'm going to take a break from the booties for now and try a laptop case. It looks crazy complicated, though. Not the case itself, but the design. There's lots of cabling involved. Not sure if I'm ready to explore that realm just yet. But I guess I just have to throw myself into it like I did with the booties and not worry so much about the outcome.

I'll see you next time on BITS, hopefully with a picture of a laptop case ;)

No comments: