Friday, March 14, 2008

Bootie-Licious


Last night I finished my first baby bootie! I was too excited to wait until I finished the second one before telling you all about it. I have to say, Saartje's Bootie pattern had me stumped for a while when it came to the straps. Definitely not written for a newbie...but somehow I got through it. So exciting!!

Toward the end, I couldn't help but giggle every now and then as I knitted. It was just so freakin' cute! My husband started getting paranoid, thinking that I was secretly laughing at him. I didn't want to reveal the source of my amusement because I wanted my accomplishment to be a surprise. Since he knew I was struggling with the straps, I thought he would be extra proud if I just showed him the final product in one shot.

At the beginning, I had no idea how this little mass of knitted fabric was going to turn into a bootie. I stopped questioning it after a while and just figured I'd keep knitting away, trusting that the pattern would eventually lead me to a final product. And it did!

Speaking of bootie...my bruise from skiing has healed quite nicely. It's about 90% healed. Throwing myself down in a chair is no longer a major issue. But I think I need another week or so before I'm completely pain-free.

More pictures of The Bootie!



4 comments:

Claud said...

The baby 'bootie' is absolutely addorable. Are you taking orders?...LOL :) No,. not for me, no worries. See ya' soon.

BeeBee said...

That bootie is VERY cute! I love the color as well! I can't even crochet half as good as you do! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the theatrical masks - where did you get those? A great touch for your husband - doesn't he have a background in acting?

But Jensita, you're not dropping a hint to your readers that you're anticipating a new member of the family, are you???

-Ajay

jensita said...

No, no. No new members of any family. It's just that for beginner knitters, baby clothes are the way to go. They're quick, they're easy, and if you mess up, it's not as heart-wrenching to unravel. Imagine having to undo an adult size sweater! No way, I'll stick to baby wear for now. LOL.