Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fit for a Hobo


So the hat is finished. No fireworks, no tickertape parade. The first sentence pretty much sums it up. As I mentioned in my earlier post, there were some screw ups and if you continue to knit along that line, well, it remains screwed up until the end.

It's a sad, sad looking hat. Something that you'd pull out of the bargain bin from a thrift shop. And not the hoity-toity thrift shops either.

It lightly resembles a piece of knitted fabric used to wipe down New York diner counter tops and then afterwards given to the family pet as a chew toy. And not a Chihuahua, we're talking French Mastiff, straight out of "Turner and Hooch" kind of pet.




Maybe I'm being hard on myself. But honestly, I am NOT wearing this hat in public. The shape itself turned out okay. It's the holes in the stitching that have made this quite an unattractive accessory. At least now I know, in theory, how to make a hat. I tried to get all fancy using ribbing and I must have mistakenly added a couple of stiches and twisted another along the way.

Seeing as I still have one week to go before the ski trip, I can try to tackle another one. We'll see. At the moment, I'm just cranky.

3 comments:

BeeBee said...

Hey, It's too fancy for bums to wear...It's not that bad actually. I wouldnt be able to tell the difference, really. That's b/c I have no clue how to knit! But I can understand how hard you are on yourself. I'm like that with my baking and decorating. Hopefully you can knit another one in time, and place it over this one for a double layer of warmth! ;)

jensita said...

Thanks BeeBee! Hopefully, I will make my deadline for the 2nd hat. Six more days to go. I think I only need about two full days to complete it. Plus, there's always the plane ride ;)

Anonymous said...

I totally think you're being hard on yourself. I think it looks great. I don't think people would even notice the "screw ups." I say wear it...or, you could always make a Panta! LOL!