Monday, February 11, 2008

Girl Knitting Hat, Take 2.

After the first failed attempt at making a hat, I'm giving it another go. I appreciate the comments from my friends who fail to see the flaws, but I attribute that to good photography, as opposed to skillful knitting. I have about 3 days remaining before the big trip. I'm somewhat confident I can finish before the deadline.

I started knitting yesterday in the evening. It's about 30% complete. I was hoping to make a matching scarf, but that may be a little ambitious on my part. I will however, bring the appropriate materials to work on that project during the trip. Who knows, I may finish it before my feet hit the slopes.

So, the hubby decided he's going to add a few wacky embellishments to the first hat and use it for skiing. It's hard to say whether or not he'll be able to do that between now and then, but it's the thought that counts. The idea that he's willing to wear it out in the open shows true love. Thanks honey :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the hat knitting progress!

I guess I have to join the others and say... What flaws?... on the pic you posted below. Oh well, I don't know anything about knitting so maybe I don't know what to look for.

Anyhow, good luck getting hat #2 completed in time for your ski trip! Be sure to post how it went!

Aw, you married such a good guy... Wearing your first hat and all. He sure does know how to show how much he cares for his wife!

This President's Day weekend thing sounds more like a long Valentine's Day weekend in disguise:)

Have fun!

-Ajay