Sunday, January 13, 2008

And So the Knitting Begins

As some of you may already know, I picked up knitting about two years ago. I knit one scarf and then hung up the needles. A sad effort, on my part. Don't get me wrong, given that it was my first try, I knit one hell of a scarf (see image), but never felt the encouragement to go on.


However, with the growing anticipation of 2008 and my inner circle of peeps boasting of exciting new resolutions, the need to accomplish something challenging and creative stirred inside. Granted, not everyone sees knitting as exciting...or new, for that matter. I do, however, enjoy the idea of taking a granny craft and turning it into something hip and modern. Several knitters have beat me to the punch in that respect, but that's okay. I don't have to be the first person to do it, just someone who's really good at doing it.




Before I decided to jump into a brand new project after a two-year lull, I decided to give myself a practice project. I'm simply knitting another scarf, same pattern, different textured yarn and different color. The blue scarf was a gift I made for the hubby for Valentine's Day 2006. The scarf I'm working on now is for my mom. The yarn I'm using (see image) is Lion Suede - color: Garnet. A lot prettier and more girly. I'm about half way done with the scarf. I'm hoping to have it completed before the end of the week. Pictures of the completed project will be posted. Wish me luck!

No comments: