Friday, January 11, 2008

Desperate Housewives con Sazón

As a long time fan of ABC's Desperate Housewives, you can just imagine my glee when I found out that Univision, the Spanish-language network, announced the premier of Amas de Casa Desperadas. That's right! The late night hottie housewives have made their cross-over debut. Technically, they did a version in Argentina and one in Columbia, but I don't live there, so, it's not important.


Different actresses, of course, but the same characters and possibly the same story lines with a little Hispanic flavor thrown in. I still haven't seen it. Thank goodness for DVRs.


The character names are as follows:

Mary Alice Young = Alicia Arizméndi
Susan Mayer = Susana Martinez
Lynette Scavo = Leonor Guerrero
Bree Van de Kamp = Regina Sotomayor (couldn't find a good translation for Bree, I suppose
Edie Britt = Roxana Guzmán
Gabrielle Solís= you guessed it, Gabriela Solís

I'm very excited and looking forward to watching the wives wreak havoc twice a week in two languages!





On a similar note, rumor has it that a Spanish version of Charmed will be airing on Telemundo. It's called Las Brujas de South Beach. It's not an exact version, but the idea is pretty close - three sister witches with magical powers. I've checked out the trailer and there's one scene that looks like it came straight out of Charmed. You see the three of them in the kitchen cooking up a potion while one is holding the Book of Shadows. Then boom, a mini explosion. Even though the teaser trailer is out, there are conflicting stories as to whether or not the project has been cancelled. Some say, it may air as soon as February '08. I can't wait! I can't wait!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep! I was at the Telemundo upfront last year and I saw the hot mix for it. Looked really cool.