Monday, January 14, 2008

Desperate Housewives con Sazón Part II

I finally found a moment in my schedule to catch up with what's been sitting in the DVR for the past two weeks. Couldn't wait to jump on the couch and watch the first episode of Amas de Casa Desperadas (refer to my Jan 11th post). Since I am such a fan of Desperate Housewives, I couldn't help but get a kick out of the Spanish version on Univision. Turns out the storyline is the same. The first episode was identical to the American version. The actors playing the wives truly take on the characteristics of their gringa counterparts. I think my favorite is the actress playing Susana Martinez (Susan Mayer). It's hard to say if she does a good Susan Mayer or a good Teri Hatcher. Either way, it was a lot of fun watching her interpretation.

Even if you don't speak or understand Spanish, but are a fan of the wives, check it out on Thursday's @ 10pm on Univision. Since the episodes are the same, you'll know exactly what's going on and hey, you might learn a few words along the way.

No comments: