Monday, January 14, 2008

The Magic Unraveled

I'm very excited to announce that I have officially been invited to join the group of beta testers for the web site Ravelry. As a new member of the knitting community, I was overjoyed to find out that such a site existed. It has everything a knitter could ask for in a web site: keeps an inventory of your stash - yarns and needles, endless ways to search for patterns and project ideas, ways to connect with the knitting community, and so much more. It's my knitting NIRVANA.

Since the site is still in beta, the masters are limiting access privileges for the moment. I added myself to the wait list and was delivered an invitation 4 days later. It was much sooner than I thought considering that I was 3,833 on their list. Once it's out of beta testing, the site will be open to anyone who wants to join. For all you knitters and wannabe knitters, jump on the bandwagon and add yourself to the list. There's even a link to check your wait list status. So, if you're a regular reader and you join Ravelry, pass along your username and I'll look you up!

In similar news I recently received an email from work inviting me to a Knitworking event. How great is that? An in-house knitting community. I love it!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Ravelry is awesome! That's great that you got your invite after 4 days. I think I waited 3 weeks for mine :S It's such a great resource, especially when you're starting a project, wanting to know which yarn subs are good to use and how they'll look, getting free patterns, getting inspiration on what to use for the yarn you've got in your stash... I can really go on and on =)

Thanks for the kind words on my blog. =)

Anonymous said...

Small world! One of the nurses I work with likes to knit, and so I asked her about Ravelry and she's a member! She signed on and showed me her page, she's got several pictures of her work there. She said I could tell you her Ravelry name, which I'll do by email in case she doesn't want it posted on a blog.

Oh, I looked your page up too, going on the assumption that you went by Jensita there too. I saw the pics of your eye and the item you knitted:)

Have fun knitting!

-Ajay (Heh-heh, you know me by my exclamations points!)

jensita said...

Thanks Ajay :)
I'll look up your friend in Ravelry.